Background

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Hallelujah Christmas

As soon as Thanksgiving was behind us, I started listening to Christmas music.  My family has gotten used to this about me.  It's one of my most favorite things about the Christmas Season.  (#1099)

And because our local My Bridge Radio station wasn't playing very many Christmas songs yet, I decided to check out K-Love.com to see if they had more Christmas music playing on-line.  

What I discovered was so exciting! 

They have an on-line Christmas Channel that plays Christmas Music constantly.  (#1100) As I was listening, singing along, and enjoying their music, my ears perked up when they said that they were giving away several Christmas CD's from top artists to some of their listeners.  The only thing I had to do to enter was type their code word that day to 21947 (yes, I have it memorized).  That was it.  I could only enter once per give away.  But they gave away a new CD every 3-4 days. 

And guess what? 

I won!   Twice!  (#1101)
Hillsong and Mandisa - Oh, yeah!  Thank you K-Love!


K-Love's Christmas channel has been playing one particular song that Chad and I both really like called "A Hallelujah Christmas".  We're sharing it with you today




Here's the blurb about it from K-Love.com:   

A band named "Cloverton" recently surprised their fans by releasing a Christmas song titled, "A Hallelujah Christmas." For the song, the band changed the lyrics to Leonard Cohen’s "Hallelujah," and turned it in to a beautiful holiday rendition that speaks of the miraculous birth of Jesus. "God created everything. He created each of us. He created our voices. He created our ears, our emotions, our tastes, our creative spirits. Each of these is related to music, whether it's enjoying it or creating it," Lance said. "We want to shed light on His truths while reaching people creatively with melodies that seem familiar and songs that touch souls. We are messengers, hoping to creatively communicate the truth of God's word and love for us."   (#1103)

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment