Background

Monday, December 3, 2012

Kicking Off the Season

We had our first Christmas Celebration last weekend in Minden.  I know it's early, but it worked perfectly in everyone's schedule, and it coincided with my brother's return to Nebraska from Arizona.  (Blessing #1069)
 
Even though my grandparents have been celebrating Christmas in Heaven for the past 11 years, we always try to get everyone together once during the Christmas season.  My mom and my aunt always take turns hosting each year.  This year was my mom's turn. 
Everyone was able to make it, including my brother's family, and the 26 of us met at my parents' church for a feast, some games, and a lot of laughing.  (#1070) 


The bonus was that we could look out the church window and see the Courthouse lights on the town square.  (#1071)  It always warms my heart when I get to see the lights that I grew up with.  It takes me back in time for a moment. 


And I love sharing this "gift" from my past with my own children.  It's much prettier in person, and we always roll down the windows to hear the bells playing Christmas songs from the square. 

Ahhhh......Christmas has begun.......now if we could just get some snow.

On Saturday, we gathered at my mom and dad's home (#1072) to enjoy Runzas and watch that dreadful Husker game.  Jenica tried to get her dad to smile, which became easier once the game became more and more out of control and we shut the TV off. 



Even though the game was embarrassing for Husker fans, we were able to share many laughs.  For example, Xander (left) and Adam (right) found a way to look like Jacob with the help of grandma's old wigs. 

 
And Jillian and her cousin Lily enjoyed picking on Paul, who's always a good sport. 
 
 
It was a great weekend, and we always look forward to having Paul and Alimah and their kiddos home again.  It was a short visit for them, but we packed alot into their time in Nebraska and sent them home with lots of great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment