Background

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Red Box Back-up Plan

We've been trying to keep Jenica busy these past few days, to keep her mind off her new "life vest", which is such a drag.  (the vest, not trying to keep her busy.  Ha ha!)  Last night, her youth group went to the river to hang out, get wet, grill hot dogs, and make s'mores, and a couple of her friends invited her to come along.  (Blessing #894)



Jenica's the one on the left

Thanking God I wasn't the one getting tackled out there.

Jenica absolutely LOVES being "all grown up" and part of the Senior High Youth Group now.  For her, it felt like it took forever to get there.  For me, it's just weird.  It just doesn't seem possible that she's already doing the high school gig. 

I got to hang out at the river with Jenica last night too, because where Jenica goes, I go for the next couple weeks.  Oh, and Jillian was there by default. The girls love playing with Jillian, so she wasn't lacking for attention.  And it was fun for me to be part of the mix too. (#895)

Jillian splashing Reyna

Anyway, this new apparatus Jenica has to wear can't get wet.  Which means she can't wear it while playing in the river.  That's when the back-up plan comes into play.  We are now proud (?) owners of a home defibrilator, which I had in my backpack at the River. 



As I drove to the river with Jenica and her youth group, you can probaby guess what I was praying. . . that God wouldn't give me an opportunity to try out this new "accessory" yet.  I'm thanking Him for that answered prayer.  (#896)

So, this is our new routine for the next 11 days.  Not the river part.  But the life-vest-with-the-red-box-as-a-back-up routine.  Jenica will have surgery in less than two weeks, to get her new hardware.  And then, life should resume back to normal again.  Whatever "normal" means.  In the meantime, God will continue to be our strength, and our peace with all of this comes from Him.  (#897)  And as a result of all this commotion, both Jenica and Jillian have started their own "Blessings Journal" now too.  (#898)

No comments:

Post a Comment