Background

Monday, March 25, 2013

Broiled Grapefruit

Each year, my parents bring us fresh grapefruit from Texas. Big, juicy, Ruby Red grapefruit. (Blessing #1119). Some times they are so sweet, you don't even need sugar sprinkled on them.

Today, I decided to try something that I saw on Pinterest. Broiled grapefruit. First, I used my handy-dandy Pampered Chef double-sided grapefruit tool, (which upsets me that it's been discontinued) then I sprinkled each side with 1 TB brown sugar and a little cinnamon. Then I broiled them for about 5-6- minutes, until the sugar carmelized. They were really good! But will I make them this way again? Probably not. Plain grapefruit, sprinkled with a little sugar, is still my favorite way to eat a grapefruit.

Thanks for breakfast, mom and dad!

1 comment:

  1. You know you can get those spoons pretty much anywhere, right?

    ReplyDelete