Background

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Track.....I think not!

That was my thought back in high school. Why run when you can walk (or ride a bike . . . or drive), and still get there? I had a "jogging" class in 8th grade, which i didn't mind, but we didn't have to jog the whole time....just part of the time. And I eventually got to where I didn't mind jogging. But running? Uhhh, no thank you!

Our kids did track in junior high and pretty much hated it. So when they got into high school, both Jacob and Jenica opted for soccer instead. I haven't told them, but it appears that there is a lot more running in soccer than track.

Today, Jenica brought home her new girls soccer t-shirt, which is always designed by the senior girls. I like it! (No offense if you're someone who enjoys track.)

Different strokes for different folks. I'm thankful we live in a community where several different options exist for the athletes to chose from each season. (Blessing #1118) And I'm glad I don't have to run. I'll let my children do that instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment