Background

Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Mulligan

Well, I totally dropped the ball yesterday. It was St Patricks Day, and the only thing I did was dress Jillian in a green shirt. It wasn't until I was tucking her in bed last night that she told me that it didn't feel at all like St. Patrick's Day. She was disappointed. I then realized that I evidently rely on her teachers each year to make it feel like a special day, but this year it fell on a Sunday. And I dropped the ball.

That's why today was our mulligan. Our do-over. Praise God for second chances! (Blessing #1114)

Jillian helped me make green cupcakes with green frosting after school (#1115), followed by green pasta (a little food coloring in the boiling water does the trick nicely) with Chicken Alfredo sauce and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Alfredo sauce. (#1116)

As you can see, she was elated. Our St. Patty's Day Do-Over gave all of us a chance to add a little more green to our diet. (#1117)

No comments:

Post a Comment