Background

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Surprise Inside

I made a german chocolate cake this morning for a picnic we're having tomorrow. And the german chocolate frosting recipe I like to use calls for 3 egg yolks. That meant I needed to find something to make using 3 egg whites. Hmmmm . . . . what should I make?

And then it hit me!

Surprise Meringue Cookies!





My mom used to make these, and when I was old enough to start baking (under her supervision), it was one of the first recipes I learned how to make. They're so yummy! The "surprise" are the chocolate chips inside. (Blessing #953)

Surprise Meringue Cookies
2 or 3 egg whites, beat until stiff

Then add:

3/4 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Place scoops of cookie on brown paper and bake for 25 minutes at 300 degrees. Cool before removing from paper.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment