Background

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Why I Love October

October is a great month!  For many reasons. . .  
 
It's when fall colors are in full force.  (Blessing #958) Nights are cool, and days are just perfect.  (#959) I can sleep with the windows open and throw an extra blanket on the bed.  (#960) October brings weather, for the most part, that is mild and free of bulky coats.   I don't like being hot and sweaty, and I dont like being so cold that I have to wear multiple layers.  Once the first freeze hits, it brings relief from my allergies.  Ahhhh. . .  (#961)  Of course, October brings lots of football!  Not necessarily because I love it, but because the man I love does.  (#962) October brings bright colored mums in all the yards of my neighbors, (but not mine - my green thumb is lacking).  But it also brings. . .
 
Mary!
 
Kendra, Mary, Janet
 
Have you ever had a friend, whom you don't see very often, but when you do get together again, you can just pick up where you left off?  (#963)  As if no time has separated you at all?  Somone whom your heart is connected, even though miles separate you?   Even though Mary moved to another state, God continues to bring her back to the Heartland for a short visit every October, for which Kendra & I are extremely grateful.   (#964) 
 
Our time together always goes by too quickly, but it's never short on laughs, stories, coffee, or food.  (#965)  We never say "goodbye."  Just "see you again soon."



No comments:

Post a Comment