Background

Monday, October 22, 2012

Yankees

My dad had back surgery last week, and is on the long road to recovery. He's also on the road to being pain-free again (Blessing #969). I'm so glad he had it done, because he's been living with the pain for a long time. I'm also thankful I could go over to Kearney each day he was in the hospital (#970) and that my neighbor was actually part of his medical team in the recovery room (#971). What a special blessing that was for my mom and I.

Backing up just a smidge. . . Jenica and I went to Omaha a couple weeks ago for a special mother-daughter weekend, (#972) and while we were there, we looked for some fabric for an apron she was going to make in Creative Living. We happened to notice an extremely large selection of fleece fabric, including a New York Yankee's fleece. The sweet blessing in finding this fabric is that it's my dad's favorite baseball team. (#973) That's when Jenica decided to make her grandpa a Yankee's tie-blanket as a "get-well-soon" surprise. She got it finished, and gave it to him yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment