Background

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jillian's New Joy Ride

The beautiful fall weather we're having is reason to get the bikes out again. (#966)  I got quite the workout yesterday.  Especially with Jillian's tag-along bike attached to mine.  That added 40 pounds on the back gives me quite the thigh burn, especially when she decides to stop pedalling and lollygags along.
 

 


She has a bike of her own, but where we live, we end up biking on roads with lots of traffic as we make our way into town.  So, a couple months ago, I set out on a quest to find a "tag-along" bike we could borrow, making it safer and not quite so difficult for her.  And I found one!  (#967)

We can't quite figure out how the flag's supposed to attach, hence the goofy angle.  But it still works.  However, if we hit too many bumps, it falls off and we have to turn around and go get it.  Jillian is a little commedian and always makes me laugh, even when I'm huffing and a puffing.  (#968)  She's so silly.

Jillian gets distracted easily, so I do more of the pedalling than she does.  There's so much to look at as we make our way past the cornfields, pastures, houses, and finally arrive at the park in town.  She could bike for hours, I think.  But of course she could!  She's just along for the ride . . . until I remind her to start pedalling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment