Background

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's a Good Morning

I am lovin' days like today.  I had a doctor's appointment scheduled with my rheumatologist in Lincoln today, and Chad was able to take a personal day and go with me.  (Blessing #1010)  I only have to go every 6 months now, which is really nice.  (#1011)  Plus, I got a good report, and everything's going really well.  (#1012)  We found good results on a biologic drug that I began with a clinical study several years ago . . . gosh, has it really been 9 years ago?  For several years, I had to travel to Lincoln every 4 weeks.  So I am really enjoying the less frequent trips. 
 
Starbucks at York is always part of our routine when we travel that far.  (#1013) I'm not a coffee girl, but I love-love-love their skinny chai latte with a pump of sugar free vanilla.  It's heavenly.
 
Jenica dropped her iPod several months ago and has been living with a cracked screen ever since.  And a few days ago, her button stopped working.  Oh, no!  How can life continue without her iPod?  Well, you can, as she found out.  She learned to live with it.  But today, I took it with us on a hunch that I could find a place in Lincoln that would be able to replace the screen.  Thanks to my friend Lanise, we found a place that could replace the broken glass, and the button, while we were in town.  (#1014)  She had earned enough money babysitting to pay for the repair, so she's a happy girl tonight. 
 
Chad & I did a little Christmas shopping before my appointment.   I love being able to use all my Bed-Bath-and-Beyond coupons at one time.  Did you know that they never expire?  Even though they have an expiration date, they still take them if that date has passed!  And . . . get this . . . they let you stack your coupons, so you can use as many coupons as you want (1 per item though). (#1015)  Save those expired coupons, girls! 
 
It was a beautiful sunny day.  (#1016)  And so many blessings happened before lunch!  Reminds me of this song.  It's one of my favorite wake-up songs.
 
 
We met one of my best friends for lunch (#1017) at one of my favorite places ~ Macaroni Grill. (#1018)  I have a favorite:  Pasta Milano . . . It's A-MAZ-ING!!  If you haven't tried it, you really should.  It's incredible!
 
And when we got home, Jenica had finished making "Oreo Balls."   Her sweet-tooth is very similar to mine.  Especially when it comes to chocolate.  She's taking a "Creative Living" Class, and they are doing a "foods" unit now.  This is one of her favorite recipes from class.  So naturally, she wanted to share it with the rest of us.  (#1018)
 
 
 
 
What is it with kids and their electronics?!  Notice that her computer is sitting on the counter beside her as she works?  I think we may have a problem here.  Anyway, she finished making them just as we walked in the door, and boy are they good!
 
 
Just in case you don't have the recipe, we thought we'd share it with you.  Enjoy!

Jenica's Oreo Balls
1 (16 oz) pkg Oreo Cookies, crushed
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (24 oz) pkg white almond bark
1 (24 oz) pkg chocolate almond bark

Using a mixer, combine crushed oreos and softened cream cheese and mix well.  Roll into walnut size balls and chill for an hour.

Melt approx. 3/4 pkg of white almond bark.  Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark.  Allow to harden on wax paper.  (Takes about 15 minutes)

While waiting, melt about 1/4 pkg chocolate almond bark.  When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate and white almond bark. 



1 comment:

  1. I love how you are incorporating the # of blessings in the blog. If you have extra time next time let me know, I'm 2 min from Southpointe!

    ReplyDelete