Background

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tis the Season for Pumpkin



A few weeks ago, a friend shared some bakery-made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with me (Blessing #1007), and Jillian helped me gobble them all down.  They were so good!  So at Jillian's request, I began to hunt for a similar recipe.  I was excited to find one that sounded pretty close (#1008), and I decided that today was the day to bake them to share with our small group tonight. 

Jillian doesn't typically like cookies with chocolate chips, but she LOVES these.  And I have to agree . . . they are really good.  They have a cake-like consistency, the pumpkin makes them really moist, the spices add just a touch of autumn, and just a heads-up:  this recipe makes a really big batch.  All the more reason to share them with your neighbors. 

I've decided that tomorrow, I am going to leave a plate of cookies in my mailbox with a little note for our mailman to say "thank you" for delivering our mail every day.  I hope he'll feel appreciated when he finds the little surprise.  (#1009) 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter, softened
3 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. canned pumpkin puree
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
5 c. cake flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat Oven to 350.  

Beat butter and sugar for about 2 minutes or until smooth.  Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and the spices.  Continue to beat for about 2 more minutes.  Add rest of ingredients to bowl and beat only until flour disappears and all ingredients are combined.  Using a cookie scoop, place dough onto greased baking sheet.  Bake 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment