Background

Sunday, November 4, 2012

November Blessings

Welcome to November!
 
Each month Ann Voskamp provides a free printable for her continuing "Joy Dare", and I've begun my November list of the gifts I've been given each day.  When you find the blessings in each day, you can't help but experience joy.  (Blessing #990) Won't you join me? 
 
 


Day 1 - 3 gifts EATEN:
1.  Spending the day with my mom, traveling to Omaha for her dr. appt, and eating samples of banana nut bread during our stop at Starbucks in York.  (#991)
2.  A yummy chicken panini at "Jason's Deli".  One of my mom's favorite places to eat in Texas is "Jason's Deli," and when I recently found out that there's a new "Jason's Deli" in Omaha, I knew just the place to eat lunch after mom's appointment.  (#992)
3.  On the way home, a quick stop at Burger King for some sweet potato fries.  If you haven't tried them yet, you really should  They're the best!  (#993)

Day 2 - 3 gifts WORN:
1.  Slippers to keep my feet warm as I sipped my hot tea after everyone left for school. (#994)
2.  Warm gloves on a cold November evening, as we enjoyed supper with Chad's parents.  (#995)
3.  A smile as I listened to my father-in-law tell me about certain tools and gadgets from his past.  Ken & Keron are down-sizing in preparation for their move into a retirement village, which took Ken down memory lane as he organized the things in his garage.  (#996)

Day 3 - 3 gifts that start with an "N":
1.  New bridge on our road, which means no more detours . . . HAPPY DANCE!  (#997)
2.  Mac's Creek Vineyard, just North of Lexington, for a girls day out with a few other football coaches wives.  It was "Christmas on the Creek" at Mac's, and the laughter we shared with one another was good for the soul.  (#998)


3.  A Nebraska Football win!  Watching Chad & Jacob hoop and holler as the Huskers scored the winning TD with only 6 seconds left in the game.  Excitement abounds!  (#999)


No comments:

Post a Comment