Background

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lots To Be Thankful For

Blessings #285-308
  • Hanging out with friends at small group Sunday
  • Snuggling with baby Alivia as I fed her a bottle
  • Remembering the days when I snuggled with my own babies as I fed them their bottles
  • Having Jacob home from College for the weekend.
  • Listening to Jacob play "Ode To Joy" on his new acoustic guitar. He sent me a text late last night to let me know that he's learned 2 more songs now.
  • The men who get up extra-early to plow snow or spread gravel and salt on the icy roads so we don't slide in the ditch on the way to school in the morning.
  • Helping Jenica and her friends with their hair, as they got ready for their Jr. High Dance Friday night. 
  • Chatting with other moms who also helped sponsor the Jr. High Valentine's Dance.
  • Watching "Property Brothers" on HGTV with my hubby, who loves the show as much as I do.  (I'm also thankful for our DVR so we can watch our favorite shows whenever we want.)
  • Enjoying lunch with a friend Friday
  • Washing never-ending loads of laundry, because it means that I have a family to care for.
  • Baking an assortment of treats for my hubby to take to school for the teacher's lounge when it's his turn to provide snacks.
  • Watching "Brady Bunch" with Jillian - it's her new favorite after-school TV show.  And remembering the day I met Bobby's real life mom and got a tour of her fabulous home.
  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Making hot cocoa for Jillian after she's been playing in the snow.
  • Being loved by my husband, even when I'm crabby and irritable.
  • Steamed salmon with fresh vegies for lunch.  My Curves steamer is my favorite kitchen gadget. 
  • Helping Jillian make her "Valentine's Box" for her school party.  (made from a Fruit Loops box)
  • Oatmeal Scotchies
  • Getting updates from my parents and knowing that they're having a great time
  • Knowing that my grandma's gall-bladder surgery was a success, and that she was able to go home the same day.
  • Coming home from working-out Saturday to find that my husband washed all the dishes for me.
  • Reading to Jillian's class as their "Guest Reader" during the Golden Sower Award voting process.  I read "Willoughby and the Lion" and "Ms. McCaw Learns to Draw."  The Guest Readers are reading 10 new books to the students throughout January and February, and then elementary students all across Nebraska get to vote for their favorite book.  The winner gets the Nebraska "Golden Sower Award" and a pretty gold medal on the cover of their books.

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~ Ephesians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment