Background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Winter Fruit Salad

I made this yummy salad for our small group gathering last Sunday.  It's one of my favorites!  And from the looks of the empty bowl, it was everyone else's favorite also.  The recipe originally came from Bonnie, and I'm so glad she shared it with me.  (#313)


Winter Fruit Salad
  • 1/2 cup white sugar 

  • 1/3 cup lemon juice

  • 2 teaspoons diced onion (opt)

  • 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil

  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds

  • 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (or 12 cups)

  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

  • 1 cup cashews

  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries

  • 1 apple or pear - diced


  • In blender, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt.  Process til blended.  With machine running, add oil in slow steady stream, processing until thick and smooth.  Add poppy seed and process just a few seconds to mix.

    In large serving bowl, toss together the lettuce, cheese, cashews, cranberries, and apple.  Pour dressing over salad just before serving; toss to coat.

    Enjoy!


    1 comment:

    1. A salad, by the way, that I got none of. I guess that's what happens when you're last in line. Paul kept telling me how good it was. My response, "I WOULDN'T KNOW:)" I guess you'll have to make it again.

      ReplyDelete