Background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Patience Required

Several years ago, my Grandpa Don gave me a "seedling" from his big Redbud Tree (Blessing #445), and said that it must have come up from either the roots or seeds, as he didn't plant that skinny little guy.  It was about 15 inches tall when he gave it to me, and very fragile.  However, I've managed to keep it alive and have been babying it for the past several years.  According to the internet, these trees grow 12-18" per year.  Thus, I've had to be patient as I waited for it to produce it's pretty pink blossoms.

It's now over 7 ft. tall!  And full of blossoms.

This special "gift" from my grandpa and grandma's tree will always remind me of them.  (#445)  I hope they make it to Jillian's birthday party this year, so I can show them how much it's grown.  Grandpa will be so proud of my efforts to keep this baby alive and growing. 



Another "gift" found in our yard is this Pear Tree.  (#446)  When we bought our home 15 years ago, we had no idea the big tree behind our home was anything more than just a tree.  So imagine our surprise the following spring when it became loaded with pretty white flowers.  We patiently waited to see if anything else would follow, or if it was just a pretty ornamental tree. 

And what to our wonderinging eyes should apear?  Pears!  I love this time of year, when it's loaded with beautiful white blossoms.  (#447)  It's so pretty!   I'm also thankful that the horrible wind we had yesterday didn't blow all the blossoms off the branches.  (#448)


I am now waiting patiently for another special "gift" to grow up.  Everyone knows how much I love the mountains.  And last year year, while Chad & I were in Estes Park, he bought a bucket of Aspen Trees for me.  (#449)  It's much cheaper to buy them in the Rockies versus our neck of the woods.  He got the size that would fit in the back seat of the pickup without breaking the branches.  In the bucket, were 4 beautiful Aspen trees, each about 5 ft. tall.  We planted them in the back yard last year, and I just noticed that it's leaves are beginning to appear!  (#450)  YAY ~ It survived the winter!


When it comes to planting trees, you've gotta be patient.  When well cared for, they'll result in an amazing gift from the Creator Himself. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Janet!
    I just saw that you visited our blog and followed you to your blog. :) How are you all doing? Everyone looks great and thriving. I cannot believe how big Jillian is and I cannot believe that Jacob is now in college.
    I hope all is well. We are doing fantastic....truly we have such a wonderful and joy-filled life. I'll show Ed your blog tonight. Please tell everyone we said 'hello'. We have such fond memories of all of you!

    Hugs from me, Ed, Sammi and Nicki.
    Cindy
    www.doublelucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cindy! I'm glad you found me. =) Yes, Jacob went off to college last fall, and Jenica will start High School this fall. Jillian is the one who will keep me young. She turns 8 soon. Glad you're all doing well!! Love the photos you post to your blog. Fun to keep up with the girls (and parents). Tell everyone "hello" for us! Jenica's first track meet is this afternoon, so watch for photos on my blog tomorrow. =)
      Love and "Husker" Hugs back at ya!
      Janet

      Delete