Background

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Springtime Gifts

This time of year brings so many opportunities to look around at all the things we get to enjoy. So many reasons to smile.  I wonder how often we look past those great things?  Skipping right over them, because we didn't take the time to see it as a blessing.  Something to appreciate and enjoy. 

I decided to make a list of the "Springy" things that caught my eye, taking time to appreciate them.  And smile.

Blessings #414-434

~ Mud puddles
~ Robins, splish-splashing, in the mud puddles
~ Spring break, which brings my college-age son home for a week
~ Hanging sheets on the clothes line to dry
~ The fresh smell of those air-dried sheets
~ Trees bursting with new leaves
~ My neighbor's giant Weeping Willow tree
~ Opening the windows to let the fresh air inside
~ The smell of rain
~ Noticing how quickly the grass turns from brown to green
~ The pansies by my front door, shouting "look at me" each time I walk by
~ A symphony of birds, singing outside my window
~ A bird nest in the tree branches, right next to our deck, where we can anticipate the hatching of little eggs, nestled inside.
~ The early morning dew, glistening on each blade of grass
~ The bright blue sky - the perfect backdrop to the white fluffy clouds
~ Noticing more and more people outside, walking and biking, and enjoying the change of seasons.
~ The first spring flowers, popping up all across town
~ Farmers, beginning to work in their fields
~ Eating lunch outside on the deck with my family
~ Going outside without a heavy coat

What are YOU thankful for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment