Background

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's For Supper, Mom?

Oh, if I had a quarter for ever time I heard those words!  So, I decided to make a menu board a few months ago (thank you, pinterest!), but I've gotten out of the habit of using it for some reason.

I need to start using it again! 

Last night's meal got rave reviews from everyone.  Even from the teachers who got to smell Chad's leftovers today during lunch.  I'm thankful that I still have all my senses (Blessing #367), although age hasn't been too friendly on a couple of them.   


Another reason I'm thankful for last night's meal, is that peppers were on sale at the market (#368), which nudged me to make "fajitas" for supper.  I just have to share the recipe with you.  It's easy and takes absolutely no time at all to fix.  (#369)  And everyone will love them!  Well, almost everyone.  We had to modify Jillian's fajita.  She likes just plain old sharp cheddar cheese rolled up in her tortilla.  (aka "a cheese roll up")  At least she was happy!  (#370)

Zesty Chicken Fajitas
1/4 c. lime juice
1/8 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Marinade chicken strips for 2 hours in fridge.  Drain chicken and discard marinade.  Cook chicken in 1 TB oil until done.  Add onion and pepper strips last 1-2 minutes.  (I modified my recipe and cooked the peppers in a separate pan, because we like them a little more cooked than 1-2 minutes worth of heat.)  

And for dessert? 

Well. . . what should one eat on the day of Oreo's 100th birthday? 


When we went to the store to pick up some Oreos, the gal at the checkout said, "We've sold a lot of Oreos today."  Imagine that! 

Jenica picked "Double Stuff", of course.  And Jillian (the non-chocolate lover of the family) picked the "Golden Oreo."  Two great choices!  (#371)

And on the birthday of Oreo, I did what any great mother does. . . I let the girls enjoy a couple Oreos as "appetizers," before we ate our fajitas.  (#372) 

No comments:

Post a Comment