Background

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Coaches Wives & Truffles

Cake Batter Truffles....oh, my stars....these are amazing!  I discovered this recipe on pinterest.com, after a freind asked me if I had any good truffle recipes for her daughter's upcoming wedding.  I thought to myself, "I don't, but I bet Pinterest does."  Yep!  Pinterest.com didn't let me down.  So, I decided to make a batch of Cake Batter Truffles (#103) for my Bible Study gals tonight. 

Tonight is our final gathering for the year, so we're meeting early for some soup, homemade bread, apple cider, and Christmas goodies.  We're just a group of women, who are blessed to be married to coaches (#104), and we follow the Coaches Outreach Bible Study curriculum each spring and fall.  This semester, we're studying the life of Peter, who has taught us more about following God's will than we thought possible (#105). 

Peter has so much to teach us about being called by God, discerning God's plan and will for our lives, and having the proper Christian attitude towards suffering.  Studying the same book as our husbands, has been an added blessing (#106).  Anyway, I hope my "sisters" enjoy these truffles tonight as much as we've enjoyed studying Peter's life with one another.  I made them with Christmas sprinkles, of course!  Aren't they beautiful?!

Cake Batter Truffles

1 ½ cups flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3-4 Tablespoons milk
2 Tablespoons sprinkles
Truffle Coating:
16 ounces (8 squares) almond bark (or white candy melts)
4 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
sprinkles

Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add 3 Tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand.

Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.

While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals. Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until incorporated completely. Using a fork, dip truffles into almond bark and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of your bowl. Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.

Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving. Makes around 24-30 truffles.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment