Background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mycoplasma Pneumonia

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. ~ Psalms 73:26

It's been a bad week around here.  Chad started getting sick Tuesday night.  I started getting sick Wednesday afternoon.  By Friday, I was so sick that I took Jillian to school and headed straight to the clinic in hopes of getting an appointment right away.  (Chad went back to school, although he probably shouldn't have.) 

My test came back positive for mycoplasma pneumonia.  I felt like I had been hit by a really big truck.  There's only other time that I remember feeling this bad.  When my appendix flared up and I had emergency surgery to remove it. 

My headache was gradually getting worse, and nausea set in Saturday morning.  I couldn't keep anything down.  It was awful.  And I couldn't take my medicine on an empty stomach.  Finally, around 4:00 we decided a trip to the ER was necessary.  They gave me an IV for fluids and some "magic meds" for my nausea and headache. 

But God was still present, even when I wasn't feeling good.  Too bad the "cleaning fairy" wasn't present.  After 2 days of doing absolutely nothing, our house is a disaster. 

Even though I felt totally rotten, I did recognize a few blessings.  (Blessings #224-236)
  • A husband who would do anything for me, even though he didn't feel good either.
  • Jacob's girlfriend Sami, who picked up Jillian from the hospital.  They went to Subway to get Jillian some food, before going back to Sami's home to hang out for a while.
  • Green Tea.  Chad tried hard to keep fluids in me.
  • My cozy quilt, made for me by my mom and great-grandma Daisy.
  • Sprite from Sonic Happy Hour.  Delivered by a good friend.
  • That Jenica could hang out with a friend, and even spend the night, to stay away from our nasty germs.
  • Clorox Wipes.  An easy way to try and keep germs away. 
  • Saltine Crackers.  Once the nausea subsided.
  • Flannel jammies.
  • Advice from my sister.  Migraine tips.  I now have a better understanding of what Erin goes through when she gets her frequent migraines.
  • Encouragement from my facebook friends and others.
  • Knowing that this too shall pass.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. ~ Psalms 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment