Background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Where Did All The Muffins Go?

I love muffins.  One of my favorite kinds is bran muffins.  I've only tried this one recipe, and when you've found a good one (blessing #249), why keep looking?

I'm thankful that I'm starting to get my energy back (#250). . . slowly.  On Saturday afternoon, I made Bran Muffins . . . and by Sunday afternoon, they were all gone. 

Within 24 hours.  Gone!

Okay, I'll admit that Jacob was home over the weekend.  He tells me often that college cafeteria food is not at all like home cooking.  So, he brings his appetite home with him on weekends.  That's where half of the muffins went.  After doing some calculating, we discovered that I ate the other half.  Yikes!  Guess my appetite is back. 

So, on Sunday afternoon . . . I made some more. 



I've been making this recipe since I was in high school.  It's a keeper!

Bran Muffins
2 1/2 c. Bran Flakes
1 1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/3 c. oil
1 1/4 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar

Mix together milk, egg, oil, and bran flakes.  Then add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.  Spray muffin tins.  Fill 2/3 - 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 for 17 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment