Background

Friday, May 18, 2012

14 Years Ago Today

Fourteen years ago today . . . I was having a baby!!!  (Blessing #714)

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted what I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

At 7:33 a.m. on May 18, 1998, Jenica was born.  It was my first and only c-section, and I don't recommend it.  However, I'm pretty certain the c-section is what kept Jenica alive during her first several hours.  It was far less stressful on her little heart than a long labor would have been.  You see, she was "lucky" enough to inherit a genetic heart condition called "Long QT Syndrome" from her daddy, which was why she got her first helicopter ride that same day.  Her QT interval was too long, and she ended up getting her pacemaker when she was just 10 days old.  For a bad situation, a lot of good things happened.  People said I was so strong.  But what they were seeing wasn't my strength.  It was clearly God's strength.  I could not have endured it (with such peace) on my own.  (#715)

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."   Philippians 4:4-7

So, today we are celebrating Jenica!  Well, actually, we started celebrating yesterday. (#716)  I fixed some of her favorite foods for supper ~ baked steak, twice baked potatoes, sweet corn, dinner rolls, mandarin-orange jello, and White Chocolate Pie for dessert.  She picked the menu.  Everyone was happy.  Even Jillian.  =)


 

Even though it was a school night, her grandparents, great-grandparents, aunt/uncle, and cousins joined us for dinner.  But it was waaaaaay too windy for fireworks last night, so Uncle Dave will have to save them for another time.

I bet you're wondering what the birthday girl requested for breakfast.  Mini-chocolate-chip muffins!  Popped a few in our mouths, and then we were out the door and headed to school.  So glad school gets out really early on Fridays, so we could get this party started!  (#717)


Tonight, there's a middle-school dance and Jen's slumber party!   The girls spent the afternoon getting all dolled up for the dance. And I got to help them fix their hair!!  It was such fun!  (#718)  The 8th graders all have to dress up (dresses) for the last dance of the year.  Not sure who started this tradition, but my daughter was less than thrilled about wearing a dress.  However, it's not quite so bad when all your friends are dressing up too. 

Merrilee, Jenica, Mariclaire, Madi, Ashlyn, Maddy


Happy Birthday, Jenica!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the
Father of the heavenly lights..." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment