Background

Friday, April 6, 2012

By His Stripes, We Are Healed

Jenica headed off with our youth group in two church vans at 8am to do some "grunt-work" at Camp Timberlake, just down the road from us a couple hours.  She volunteered.  No one twisted her arm.  She even got up at 7:03 (her request) on a day off from school.  It was clean-up day at Timberlake, and boy, did they work hard.  All day.   (Blessing #555)

The rest of us headed down the road to spend the afternoon with Chad's parents, enjoying a little quality time with them on this Easter weekend.  (#556)

After we got home, Jillian and I stumbled upon the 1999 movie "Jesus" on one of the channels, and we were quickly drawn in.  (#557) Jillian had lots of questions, so we'd pause the channel while I answered each one for her.  Sometimes, we'd have to rewind just a smidge so she could hear it (or see it) again.  Her eyes were glued to the TV. 

What an incredible sacrifice Jesus made for us.  (#558)


Bearing the weight of our sins.  Yet he did nothing wrong.  He didn't deserve that punishment.  We did.  My eyes can't help but fill with tears.  Tears for the pain He endured because of me.  I put those nails in His hands.  Tears for his mother, and the wretched pain she must have felt as she watched her son die such a horrible, undeserving death.  As a mother myself, I can't imagine the heartache Mary felt. 

I am humbled.  That Jesus would do this for me.  He is my Blessed Redeemer.  He conquered death.  And because of Jesus, I am set free.  Oh, how I love Him.  My praises will forever raise high.


"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."  Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment