Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Is There An Event For "Socializing?"

You may remember, Jenica missed the first two weeks of track practice thanks to a fractured growth plate in her ankle.  But she's not going to let that stop her.  (Blessing #559)  If it were me, I'd probably milk it for all I could and take my time, easing back into it slowly.  Not Jenica.  She gets her competitive spirit from her dad. 
Getting ready to take the blocks for her "100" heat.

Yesterday was Jenica's first track meet of the season.  She loves getting out of school early to travel to her meets.  She loves chatting with her friends during the bus ride.  And she loves to socialize during the meet.  If there were an event called "Socializing," she'd be the first to sign up.  Which is probably why she went out for track again this year.  To socialize.  (I wonder who she gets that from?)

Yesterday, she compteted in the Pole Vault, the 100, and the 200. 

And her ankle remained strong.  We're grateful that she only missed a couple weeks of practice, and that her fracture had healed in time for her to compete.  (#560)  It's so hard for her to just watch from the sidelines. 

Yesterday was a cloudy, windy day.  But we were grateful for the few times that the clouds opened up and allowed some warm rays of sunshine to reach the field.  (#561)

I got a few photos of her running events, but my photography skills are lacking.  Check out this nice blur as she nears the finish line on the 200.

It's fun to support Jenica by traveling to her track meets.  Even though her events only last a few minutes, the whole meet can take several hours.  I enjoy socializing with the other parents during her "downtime".  I guess that's one "event" I get to participate in at every one of Jenica's track meets.  (#562)  So, now we know who Jenica gets it from.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment