Background

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Jillian

As I think about the last 24 years, I stand in awe at God's perfect plan to create our family.  (I know what you're thinking . . . we don't look NEAR old enough to have been married 24 years ago . . . right?) 

8 years ago today, a beautiful baby girl was born, half-way around the world.  Her birth mother loved her dearly, yet she knew that keeping her tiny baby wasn't an option for her.  So she made a very brave, loving, and self-sacrificing decision.  God watched over Jillian and carefully worked out all the details (as only He could) to give her a Forever family.   Back here in the US, we had already submitted our application to Holt International, and paperwork had begun to bring Jillian home.  To the home God had planned for her.  Jillian grew in our hearts day by day, and God's plan was revealed as we waited (and waited) to hold that sweet little girl in our arms once and for all.  Our family became complete the day Jillian was born.  God has big plans for her!  He planned it long ago, before the foundation of the world.  And I am thankful and extremely blessed to be part of her journey.  I'm thankful that God chose me to be her mommy.  (Blessing #570)

Happy Birthday Jillian!


Psalm 139:13-16

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment