Background

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Am I Really Doing This?

As I sit here at the computer, my mind keeps asking me:  "What am I doing?"  I periodically find myself looking at blogs that my friends are faithfully updating, smiling as I see what new and exciting things are going on in their lives, checking out new pictures of how the kiddos have grown, wondering:  "where do they find time to do this?"  And here I am.  How am I going to find time to update this blog?  Or maybe "make time" is a better choice of words.  We can all do many things with our days, but... what do we make time for, and what falls to the bottom of our priority list?  So, we shall see how long this lasts for me.  Is it just a phase?  Time will tell. 

The truth is....I read a book a while back that really inspires me to look for the beauty in each day and in each circumstance.  It's there.  There is always beauty and joy to be found.  Sometimes I have to look a little harder to find joy.  But a blessing is always present, if we make it a priority to search for it.  It becomes easier and easier to find the blessings, once we train our minds to look for them.  The book that inspired me is "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voscamp.  This book is a celebration of grace and a recognition of the power of gratitude.  She wrote about the gifts she received each day, and her goal was to see if she could reach 1,000.  So, this blog is a celebration of the gifts I find each day.  And it's a way to share our family's joys with you.  My challenge to you is this:  grab a notebook and begin keeping a list of the Blessings that come your way.  And experience a life full of joy and gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment