Background

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jacob & Chocolate Chip Cookies

(1) Now that Jacob is in college, I get to experience the joy of baking cookies for him on a whole new level.  His favorite kind is also the favorite of my entire family.  Soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies.  I make them with 1/2 c. butter, 1/2 c. butter-flavored criso, and I pull them out of the oven while they still look a little bit doughy.  Mmmmm.....   The aroma fills the kitchen, and I smile as I think of my college-aged son who will receive these cookies in just a few short hours.  I imagine him eating these cookies on the top bunk in his dorm room, guarding them from stray football players, who make their way into his room on a regular basis.  I love being able to bake for him.  (Of course, I made enough so the rest of our family can enjoy them also.)  These cookies won't have to travel in the mail.  Oh, no, they won't!   Jacob will get to enjoy these fresh cookies TODAY.  You see....He is going to leave studying and writing papers behind him for a few hours, so he can meet us at his sister's 8th grade basketball game this afternoon.  And I'll be able to surprise him with some homemade cookies for the trip back to college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment