Background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

I love these words from the 23rd Psalm.  And I love knowing that God supplies all that I need, and that He fills my cup until it overflows with His blessings.  He delights in filling my cup beyond capacity.  And this morning, I am feeling an abundance of blessings. 

(2) SNOW!  We woke up to SNOW this morning, but I didn't even realize it.  Not right away.  I had fallen into my getting-everyone-ready-for-school pattern and it wasn't until Chad looked out the window of the deck that we realized the weatherman's prediction of 20% chance of snow actually resulted in SNOW!  We were no longer dragging our little behinds; we were instantly super-charged and ready to tackle the day.  Why is it that a little dusting of SNOW energizes us?  Shouldn't we feel energized each and every day when we wake up, just knowing that God will fill our cup that day to the point of overflowing?  But God used a little SNOW to remind us of Him.  Jillian and I did a "Happy Dance" in the dining room in our jammies, and then we decided to draw a heart in the snow just outside the patio doors.  We are praising God for sending a little SNOW our way this morning. 

(3)  Hot Tea on a cold November morning.  I am not a coffee drinker.  Not even the fancy jazzed up kind with flavored cream and sugar.  But I LOVE Chai Tea.  My preferred way of drinking Chai is as a Latte with steamed milk and a little vanilla syrup.  Mmmmm.....  But I also love Tazo's Organic Chai tea bags.  Mmmmm..... The aroma is delightful, and the perfect way to warm up on a cold day. 

(4)  A little SNOW, some hot CHAI tea, and a cozy QUILT.  Ahhhh..... My cup runneth over.  This is my favorite quilt.  It is always folded at the end of my bed, and it's one of my treasures that reminds me of a sweet dear elderly lady named LaVerne.  This quilt belonged to her, and not only do I love the gold colored back ground and the hand-appliqued dresden-plate pieces, but I also love the fact that it reminds me of LaVerne.  She was a sweet little lady with big blue eyes, who lived to be 95 years old before she went home to be with the Lord.  I love vintage quilts, and the stories they tell.  One reason I love winter is because I can pull out the quilts for each of us to snuggle up in.

(5)  Christmas Music.  Yes, the snow inspired me this morning to pull out some CHRISTMAS MUSIC as the girls (and Chad) got ready for school.  Third Day was playing on MyBridgeRadio, and their new song "Sound of Your Voice" reminded me of their Christmas album.  So, I went to our CD cabinet and found it.  It's been playing on "repeat" most of the morning.  It's never too early for Christmas music, in my opinion.

(6)  Moms In Touch.  I love praying with my Moms In Touch groups.  This morning, I led our Middle School group since our regular "leader" was away.  I love lifting my children in prayer with other praying moms.  This is a tough world our kiddos live in, and just hearing other moms praying for my children gives me such peace and a joy that fills my heart.  We pray for our children, our schools, the teachers, the administration, and each and every student that walks down those hallways by name.  Some of these kids may have never been prayed for before.  And us moms join together, praying for each and every child by name.  God loves each and every one of them, and it is such an honor to be able to pray for them.  My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment