Background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Trying Not To Rush

Tomorrow is the first day of December!  I get really excited about the Christmas season, but today I want to enjoy one more day of November.  Sometimes, I think we look ahead to some big event, that we forget to enjoy the day we've been given.  So, today I am slowing down and not thinking about Christmas, but I'm savoring the blessings God is giving me today.  The last day of November.  When my alram sounded this morning, I really didn't want to get out of my warm cozy pillow-top bed (#32), but I did.  I get the pleasure of waking up my two sleeping beauties each morning (#33) by rubbing their backs, singing silly made-up songs, and gently tugging them out of bed.  I peeked out the living room window and saw the first crack of dawn (#34) as the sky began to add a glimpse of color and the darkness began to fade away.  I turned on the radio, which is always on MyBridgeRadio (my favorite station - #35), and enjoyed the Christian music that was playing.  I am so blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home mom (#36).  It wasn't necessarily a choice I wanted to make, but my health is so much better when I'm not pulled in too many directions.  And I have been blessed.  I enjoy being able to workout at Curves (#37) after I drop off the girls at school, and today I sat in the infra-red sauna afterwards (#38).  Ahhhh.....I turned the radio to my favorite station and just sat in the presence of God (#39) as I listened to some of my favorite songs and let the infrared heat penetrate my body.  There are SO MANY benefits to this type of sauna.
  • Purification reduces stress
  • Boosts immunity
  • Removes toxins
  • Increases circulation
  • Burns calories
  • Pain and injury relief
  • Beneficial for low and high blood pressure
  • Skin purification
  • Relaxation
  • Helps balance body pH levels
I am also thankful for our tankless hot water heater (which we got when our old water heater died last spring), because we now have an unlimited amount of hot water (#40).  And for some reason, our whole family enjoys nice long showers.  I guess we are all enjoying that little blessing of continuous hot water, whether we realize it or not.  Ahhh....the simple things in life.  Why is it that they often go unnoticed?  Today, I'm going to enjoy today.  I don't want to miss the joy in the many gifts that God is giving me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment